About this Site
Welcome to Feed the Pig!
I’m "spokespig" Benjamin Bankes, here to remind you to feed your piggy bank.
This website is here to help you do just that. Here, you’ll find fun tools, a quiz, tons of tips and other resources. They will all help you think through your spending and saving habits, identify ways you can start saving and commit to making changes that will reduce your debt and grow your savings.
Specifically, on this site you can:
- Pick a personality similar to yours in Me Save? Then choose a set of spending habits you want to change or break and find out how much you can save over a month, a year or even 35 years!
- Sync your Feed the Pig profile with Facebook or your iGoogle Homepage to track what you can save over time.
- Find out how much you can save no matter what course your life takes in the 5% Challenge.
- Take a quiz to see how well you understand the psychology behind our saving and spending habits.
- Get savings tips, which you can rate and comment on.
- Talk to others about how they “Feed the Pig.”
- Watch and listen to Feed the Pig TV and radio ads.
- Learn a ton more about saving through our Resources section and our companion site, 360financialliteracy.org, which has advice for people at all stages of life.
All this great stuff is part of a national campaign sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and The Advertising Council. The goal of the campaign is to encourage and help Americans aged 25 to 34 to take control of their personal finances.
AICPA is the national professional association of CPAs, with approximately 370,000 members in business, industry, public practice, government and education. The AICPA sets the ethical standards for the profession and the auditing standards for private companies, non-profit groups, and federal, state and local governments.
The Advertising Council has produced thousands of PSA campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day. The Ad Council aims to foster tremendous positive change by raising awareness, inspiring action and saving lives.
To learn more about me, Benjamin Bankes, or to get more information about this campaign, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now please feed me—Feed the Pig!